The Carpenter is responsible for completing a variety of job tasks involving Rough and finished carpentry, framing, Acoustical ceiling tile, Drywall, Doors and Hardware installation, Heavy Gage metal framing and OSHA protection.
- Insure company and customer satisfaction through professional appearance, expert workmanship and polite communication.
- Attend all company/client meetings.
- Assist in the preparation of jobsites prior to the beginning of a project
- Maintain an operational inventory of necessary tools, safety equipment, equipment and vehicles to perform specific activities.
- Build walls and install partitions
- Assemble, erect, and dismantle Baker scaffolding, rigging, and hoisting equipment and drywall metal studs
- Assist in building and installing platforms, scaffolding, ramps, and ladders
- Help to schedule and coordinate work on jobsites
- Load and unload materials, tools, and equipment required to complete construction projects
- Perform preventative maintenance on tools and equipment by conducting inspections, lubricating, and cleaning daily
- Read and interpret blueprints, structural drawings, and specifications to perform work activities and calculate requirements
- Complete and submit daily paperwork reporting time and job costs
- Should always be equipped with appropriate PPE. Ensure any laborers/crew members also equipped with appropriate PPE
- Comply with all company policies and regulations
- Work in accordance with all local health and safety laws and regulations
- Assemble wall ceilings and soffits doors shelving
- Install pre-constructed materials/structures such as insulators and cabinets in homes and offices
- Seek additional responsibility and guidance from company management employees as needed to enhance existing skills, learn new skills, and create potential for advancement within the company.
- Customer and quality focus
- Effective communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Excellent problem-solving abilities
- Responsibility and dependability
- Ethics and integrity
- New York CIty & the Metropolitan area
- 3 to 5 years
- Completion of high school, college, vocational or technical training
- Based on experience and time in position